Paavendhar College of Education was founded in 2003 ,a group of philanthropists and educationists in Manivizhundhan village near Attur taluk of Salem District, Tamil Nadu. The college was established with the aim of providing quality education to the underprivileged rural folks in the Salem districts.
The college was initially approved by the Government of Tamil Nadu vide G.O. MS.No.499 dated 22.09.2004 and affiliated to Periyar University, Salem vide letter No.PU/R/3070/B3/2004 dated 29.10.2004. The college came into existence during the Academic year 2005-2006 offering 9 Under-Graduate and 4 Post-Graduate Courses.
Here are some of the notable achievements of Paavendhar College of Arts and Science:
- 100% placement record for the past few years
- Awarded the “Best College” award by the Government of Tamil Nadu in 2015
- Ranked among the top 100 colleges in Tamil Nadu by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2022Paavendhar College of Arts and Science is a good option for students who are looking for a quality education in arts, science, or commerce. The college has a good academic reputation and offers a variety of courses. It also has a good infrastructure and hostel facility.Here are some of the popular courses offered by Paavendhar College of Arts and Science:
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in English, Economics, History, Political Science, Sociology, and Tamil
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, and Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) in General, Computer Applications, and Accountancy
- Master of Arts (MA) in English, Economics, History, Political Science, Sociology, and Tamil
- Master of Commerce (MCom) in General and Computer Applications
- Master of Science (MSc) in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, and Biotechnology
- M.Phil. in Physics and Computer Science
- Ph.D. in Physics and Computer Science